Monday, October 28, 2013

It's Monday

Gosh I wish I had a wittier title for this post, but it's Monday and there is no proper way to sum up my life right now or what this post is about and so that just seemed like it fit.

My original idea in writing today was going to be something like this "out of all the life lessons I have learned this semester, perhaps the most important one is to worry less."  I haven't worried about anything unreasonable in so long that I actually can't remember the last time.  It's a good feeling.  I'll just worry about things when I have too.  So yeah, I was going to write a long post about that but instead I emailed my roommate and asked for some blog post ideas and I just liked those better...

Charlotte's suggestions: her nail polish collection, chocolate, jelly beans, the term boo thang, cable knits, fresh apples vs. store apples, cat gifs/vines, Halloween sl... (you can take a guess as to what that says), chocolate again, why it's okay to eat ice cream in the winter, gluten, vitamins, white teeth, dying your hair, leather goods, cookies and last but not least...the weather!

When I got this email at work I actually laughed out loud it was almost ridiculous.

But anyway, shall we let Charlotte comment on a few?  I think so...this girls funny, so enjoy!

Chunky sweaters
 
The thing about any chunky knit or cable knit sweater is that it looks great in theory, but poor in practice if it's not the perfect size. First of all, elbow dents. Can we talk about those? Am I the only one bothered by them? Anything knit or 100% cotton is subject to getting stretched out in all the wrong places. No, no one should give a care about how stretched out my sleeves are at the elbow, but it's annoying. Also, length. If your sweater is too short you look like you shrank it (back to "dry clean only" in a second), and if it's too long, you look like a carpet, or a dog bed. Even skinny people are susceptible to this. I personally think those cable knit, knee-length, button-up hooded sweaters are reserved only for 45 year old moms at high school football games, and no one else. Ever. Please just make it stop. If you have a pet, you have to make sure they don't put a pull in the sweater. If you don't have a pet, you have to make sure YOU don't put a pull in the sweater. Dry clean only is also a load of bull. Wash anything giant and knit by itself on delicate and lay it flat to dry. No one can afford a dry cleaner every time they decide to make the effort of wearing a sweater you'll have to babysit while you wear it. I adore chunky sweaters. Everything fall makes me happy, because I am a Caucasian female between the ages of 14 and 29. But be mindful of how you wear them. A quality sweater is a very beautiful thing.

Boo thang's

 
Your term of endearment for the month is boo thang. Try it. I call males, females, best friends, boyfriends, pretty sure my mom, boo thang. A boo thang, by its most pure, fine, urbandictionary definition, is like a wifey or hubby. More high grade than a dime piece, but not quite a fiancee. The greatest use of boo thang is by someone you would not expect to use it (read: I am a Caucasian female between the ages of 14 and 29.) It will make the person laugh, out of confusion or happiness, or a little bit of both. People will also share the love and eventually call you boo thang in return. A boo thang is someone who does something for you in the clutch, makes you smile, or is generally helpful when you're off your game. Boo thang is also perfect to use when you are unsure if someone is dating someone else, or how to gently ask a friend "are you like... seeing him?" The laughter resulting from the use of boo thang will get you the info you need and the smiles we all love.



I'd make a few comments of my own, but that's a tough act to follow.

Happy Monday folks!  


No comments:

Post a Comment