Sunday, October 20, 2013

Back in business, folks

A friend of mine wrote to me today and asked why I had stopped blogging.  It dawned on me then that I hadn't written in a very long time.  I was certainly aware of my unannounced hiatus but it really hit me this morning that I was letting people down who read this blog.  I have friends, family, and readers who have contributed so much love to my blogging experience and I was very ready to throw in the towel.  I had decided about a week ago that my laziness might as well be a hiatus and I might as well just return after the holidays.  The thing is, I've been feeling very uninspired.  About three months ago when From Scratch was in the design phase, I wrote another blog which chronicled my life in my relationship....and then my relationship ended.  So, the inspiration for From Scratch derived from the idea that my life was starting over.  Remember that age old saying, "don't put your eggs in one basket?" Yeah, don't.  I did and it totally sucked.  The point is, I was motivated to start From Scratch because I literally had to press the abort mission button on my old blog and restart.  I essentially changed my identity.  I was so inspired to write openly and honestly and then I realized I wanted privacy...just for a little.  I got rid of Facebook and just lived my life.  It felt good and I don't necessarily feel like putting myself back on the grid and sharing all of my deepest darkest thoughts and opinions about life in general, but still.  I do however feel like putting time into something I love...which is this blog.

So for those of you that do read...hang tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment