Monday, January 26, 2015

101 in 1001

I've been reading Mackenzie Horan's blog for some time now and why it's taken me so long to join in on her 101 things in 1001 days challenge is beyond me, but here I am...finally making a list of my own! This list building stuff is difficult, who knew right?!

Start date: January 26th, 2015
End date: October 23rd, 2017

Personal.
  • Lose 50 pounds
  • Unplug (no phone, no computer) for 24 hours
  • Volunteer somewhere new
  • Host a party
  • Read 40 new books
  • See a Broadway play/musical
  • Run a 5k
  • Move to my own place
  • Buy a pet fish
  • Go skydiving
  • Learn to paddle board 
  • Go berry picking
  • "Pay it forward" at Starbucks or a similar place
  • Sponsor a child
  • Watch a documentary 
  • Create another photo book from a trip or other important life event
  • Start taking yoga classes
  • Build a blanket fort
  • Find a way to be more involved with my church
  • Make a big dinner for the people I love
  • Have my make up professionally done
  • Vote in the next election
  • Visit a new museum 
  • Fall in love
  • Visit the NYC Christmas tree
  • Go to brunch in NYC
  • Adopt an animal
  • Write a letter to myself to open in 5 years
  • Drink only water for one month
  • Go to a taping of SNL
  • Leave a 100% tip
  • Get a blowout from the salon
  • Go on a first date
  • Commit to my Weight Watchers plan for at least one month (longer hopefully!)
  • Buy my little cousins each a sweet gift (all 11 of them)
  • Pay for my parents to go to dinner or on a small trip
  • Don't consume alcohol for one month
  • Don't go out to eat for one month
  • Read my Bible every Sunday
  • Go to Church every Sunday (unless outstanding circumstances occur)
  • Paint at least 5 new pictures
  • Splurge on a nice camera for myself
  • No shopping for one month
  • Work out for 5 days a week for at least one month
  • Try 5 new restaurants
  • Try new dishes from my favorite restaurants (I have a bad habit of eating the same thing once I like it...for example, I've eaten the same Mexican Tortilla Salad from the Cheesecake Factory for the last two years...)
  • Redesign my blog
  • Say yes to everything (if appropriate) for one month
  • Finish my savings fund for my future apartment, then expand the savings limit I set
  • Create a savings fund for a new car
  • Play a game of soccer or wiffle ball with friends
  • Host a BBQ 
  • Do a wine tasting
  • Host friends for a poker game or other card game
  • Go to bed at 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday for one month
  • Start a book club
  • Journal in my "Line a day" book consistently for the next year
  • Start and finish a new TV series on Netflix
  • Go to the drive-in
  • Go to a concert
  • Attend 5 basketball games for my Alma Mater 
  • Read for at least 30 minutes a night for one month
  • Renew my boating and fishing licenses 
  • Host a surprise party for a friend
  • Buy fresh flowers every week for a month
  • "Spring clean" all social media accounts
  • Send out my own Christmas cards next year
  • Pay ahead on my student loans to give myself a one month+ break in paying
  • Watch 5 classic films
  • Wash my face every night
  • Brush my teeth twice a day for one month (guys, I really just don't like the feeling, but know I should make a habit of doing twice a day...I do brush once though, so no judging)
  • Go to the movies once a month starting in February
  • Unsubscribe from unwanted emails
  • Buy "Bean Boots"
  • Watch the sunrise
  • Watch the sunset
Professional.
  • Take writing classes
  • Consider grad school or an additional certificate for my field
  • Blog at least 300 times
  • Take a Photoshop class
  • Start a new blog series
Travel.
  • Visit Costa Rica
  • Visit the Statue of Liberty
  • Visit Seattle
  • Buy a post card in each place I travel to
  • Do service in another country
  • Take a trip to Cuba
  • Go camping
  • Take a "staycation" 
  • Take a trip to the shore
Educational.
  • Finish learning Spanish
  • Learn to make pupusas
  • Taking a cooking class
  • Make 5 Pinterest recipes
  • Open my cookbooks more often and cook my way through one of them
  • Take additional ski lessons
  • Go to a shooting range
  • Take a dance class
  • Make macaroons
  • Learn to sew
  • Plant a vegetable garden (aka learn to garden)


No comments:

Post a Comment