Thursday, April 2, 2015

A New Direction

Hello, is anyone there? Is the mic on?

I have an endless love affair with blogs, they are part of my daily reading, heck some of those people are just plain a part of my life. It's such a beautiful window into the honest, brutal, lovely, trying, joyful (etc, etc, etc..) parts of people's lives. I think what makes a blog so successful are two things: one, the commitment to show up in this space often, and the dedication to make the content yours.

From Scratch is my second blog and I certainly love the direction this one took more than the last, but I've struggled to show up, to be consistent and I think I've figured out why. This space has become more about what I think everyone will want, versus what I want. Really, at the end of the day, a blog is like a journal and if you aren't writing down things that actually matter to YOU, then what does it even matter. I've tried to make this space so many different things that just haven't made sense to me on a whole.

SO, that leads me to the crux of this post (for those who are listening)....as of today, I'm going to try something new. At large, the content will change and eventually so will the look. I want this blog to reflect my current journey, which is one of wellness, love, laughter, and just plain ol' life and its adventures. If I had it my way, I wouldn't do it alone and so truly my vision would be to make this space a place where many people would be writing. But that's all in due time.

If  you're here, please stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment