Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February update!

I hope everyone is staying warm this month with all the snow and cold weather we have had.  Today is actually on the more mild side and I could not be happier.  I was excited to break out the lighter jacket today instead of going into the city with my pea coat.  Anyway, I know it has been a while since I've blogged last (almost a month to be exact...I suck, I know) but here I am again to update you all on the month of February!

It's been a busy month on my end but it's been filled with such beautiful moments.  Here is the run down:

On February 10, Tim and I celebrated our one year anniversary!  It was such a beautiful day and it felt amazing to come full circle.  He had to work that day so I spent it with his family.  His older sister Vickie did my hair for the night and I got ready to go out to dinner.  He bought champagne and met me at home to go out for the night.  We exchanged gifts (I got a camera!) and then headed to a sweet little Italian restaurant.  It was such a wonderful day for the two of us.  I love Tim so much and I am just so thrilled to be spending the rest of my life with him.  I think when you hit the one mark with someone or even approach it everything changes.  You guys settle in and the relationship isn't as new as it was, but it doesn't mean it isn't as exciting!  Tim and I are entering the next stage of our relationship and I am so so so so happy. 


Febuary 14 is next.  Valentine's Day! I had to work this day but Tim came in a met me in the city.  We went to a great little pub by my work and ate a nice dinner together.  After that we had a horrible cab ride in which the man accidentaly took us to Lincoln Center instead of Rockefeller Center and then refused to take us to the right place without charging up.  $20 later....we made it to Rockefeller Center and went ice skating!  I wasn't feeling 100% but I stuck it out and we ice skated for a bit.  It was so sweet and fun and we survived the whole thing without falling!  MIRACLE!  It was nice to see all the couples on the rink.  Some were old, some were young, all seemed in love.  It was wonderful.  He ended the night by buying me my favorite flowers in the city :)

This past weekend, on Friday, I headed home for the night since I wasn't feeling too well.  My parents took me to a really nice dinner and then we just watched TV for the night.  I got really lucky and happened to stop home the same night my best friend did so we met in the morning for a great breakfast on my way out of town.  There is nothing like talking to your best friend and catching up.  I always tell Tim everything, he is first and foremost my best friend, but it is always nice to talk to a girl friend. 


On Saturday morning I had my Call to Continuing Converting for my RCIA.  I am in the process of converting to Catholocism and I loved going to the Cathedral Bascilica in Newark for this special liturgy with people on the same journey that I am on!





Later on Saturday we celbrated several birthday's with Tim's family and went out to lunch with everyone.  Tim ordered a burger that came with a knife through it!  It was hilarious.  We also got some wonderful wonderful news within the family and I am so excited. 



Later on Saturday I headed back to school and met my friend Ally for some dinner, shopping and desert.  We had a blast just bumming around town and went to this cute French place for macaroons!  They are my absolute favorite!




 On Sunday I was craving the perfect cup of coffee (I am very sick and was due for..well you know).  The problem is that I can only have decaf coffee.  First we tried 711 which is our go to spot in town.  They of course have nothing.  Then we try McDonalds and the person was so slowwwww on the intercom thingy that we just bailed.  Ain't no ONE got time for that.  After I had a mini meltdown Tim took me to the diner we always get food at and I got my cup of coffee there.  Perfect.  The thing is Tim always smells like coffee, it is like my favorite thing ever.  He always makes his cup perfect at the diner so I wanted it to taste the same.  I'm glad we went back and made it happen.  He is the best <3




In other news I gave up froyo for Lent which is awful because all I want is FROYO.  Tim and I also gave up cellphones on Sundays so that we focus more on each other on that day.  Generally it is the only day we have nothing to do but be with each other. 

(I'm probably forgetting a million things, but that is okay)

The rest of February is shaping up to be amazing as well so I will keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment