Monday, February 25, 2013

On going caffeine free

My favorite mug :)

About two months ago I began experiencing anxiety really bad again.  I wasn't sleeping or eating and in general was feeling pretty unhealthy.  I knew that all of that was revving up the anxiety so I began the process of cleansing my body so that I would feel better.

After talking to my boyfriend and a few close friends I made the decision to go caffeine free because after close observation I realized it might be at the core of all my issues.

Right before I quit caffeine I realized I was suffering from awful headaches and was always shaky.  I was the type of person to drink coffee/tea/caffeinated beverages multiple times a day and I was coming to a point where my body actually needed me to stop.  Caffeine can cause cause those headaches, the jitters, in fact it can cause lack of sleep and appetite as well if you have it too much and have a reaction.  Everything I was feeling was in an unhealthy circle caused by too much caffeine consumption.  So I quit...

Sometimes it really sucks.  Like on days when I'm exhausted.  I think to myself "one thing with caffeine won't hurt me."  But it would.  My body simply cannot handle it all that well.  It also sucks on days when I go to get a coffee or tea and the place doesn't offer decaf.  It actually puts me in an awful mood.  Just ask Tim.  I think he's scared of me when I get frustrated like that.

Overall, I am really glad I made this decision for myself.  I feel so much better after having stopped consuming it and I think it is something a lot of people should consider.  It's absolutely not for everyone, but it's absolutely for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment