Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Senioritis and a summary of life today

Yep...I fell off the face of the earth and I'm sorry.  It wasn't intentional, rather life just took its own course and I sorta jumped on board.  I was supposed to be in El Salvador last week but a volcano erupted.  That sounds like a joke, doesn't it?  But no, a volcano really did erupt and the trip I have been planning for forever to help people was completely cancelled.  Understandably, I felt a little down about the whole thing, but everything happens for a reason and I suppose I will figure out what this all means as time goes on.  I will say that it gave me some extra time with my family which I certainly felt that we needed.  In the wake of this and some other life happenings my brother and I spent a lot of time going to the movies, renting movies, cooking and watching America's Funniest Home Video's.  It was a break that was good for my heart and I had a really hard time moving back to school.

Alas, yesterday I packed up my car and headed back to my University for my last semester of undergrad.  I don't intend to go to grad-school (it's not necessary in my field) and so I am half excited, half terrified because life is about to begin in a big way and I just don't feel ready.  I have a bad case of senioritis and it could be the fact that it's raining today, but all I want to do to sleep.  Can't I just sleep the rest of the semester?

I think spring semester is always a tough one.  I've always been someone that likes to be able to get outside, even if it's a tad chilly, but I think this time of the year is just the worst.  January and February are cold, snowy, wet and disgusting and we follow that up with rainy March.  I become a little more cynical and cranky about things because this doesn't feel like a happppy time!  Right?  Does anyone else get a bad case of the wintertime blues?  I've been trying to do a bit more to combat the moodiness that I know comes with this time of year.  Aside from typical daily business and such, I've been trying to eat a tad healthier and get back to the gym.  I am generally someone that likes to be healthy but I'm also an emotional/anxiety eater.  Thus, in hard times, I eat.  Needless to say, I am not happy with myself these days and it's time to make a proactive change.  I'm back on Weight Watchers and back in the gym and so far I feel great.  More on body image later...

That's it for now!  I have a meeting tonight and some other business to care too and then it's back to work next week!

Click on the picture for original image :)

No comments:

Post a Comment