Monday, August 26, 2013

A little greeting :)

Hey folks, chances are you’re either new to my blog or entered hairbowsandsmiles.com into your search bar and ended up here.  Are you confused?  I would be too, but let me explain.  After some recent changes in my life, Hair Bows and Smiles was no longer a direction I wanted to take with my writing.  Over my blogging journey I have done a lot of thinking regarding where I wanted to go on this experience and where I wanted to take the blog.  Ultimately it led me here.  While I am incredibly sad to see that part of my journey end, life happens, things change and I need to move on and forward and so we are going to do it together as one big happy blog family. I have always been so grateful for the support you have all provided me and I hope you choose to continue on this journey with me!

The inspiration for From Scratch was pretty simple.  To me, the best things in life are made from scratch.  They are molded and customized and with a lot love, time and care, they flourish.  When I began baking a few years ago, I remember thinking “why would anyone ever bake out of the box when making things from scratch is so simple and rewarding?!” and since then “from scratch” has become a way of life.

I’ve been an avid blog reader for many years and truly respect the women (and men) out there that do it.  They are my idols.  A little while ago I stumbled on the blog Momastery and even though I am not a momma, Glennon Melton stole my heart.  She just gets it.  What started as reading her blog turned into reading her book (Carry on, Warrior) and since then I have added her mantra in life to my very own.  She’s great and I truly urge you, no matter what walk of life, to pick that book up and read her blog.  What I love about Glennon and her writing is that she’s honest.  She tells it like it is and it’s refreshing.  When I sat down to think about what I wanted this blog to be, I thought “channel Glennon, she’d want you to write honestly and unforgivably because you have a story to tell.”  And so that is what I want to do and I’m going to do it without any reservations. 

I’m so happy to have you here, please stay a while J


No comments:

Post a Comment