Monday, September 9, 2013

Life is good...and other notes from my new desk

I've got to be honest, in August it seemed there was a never-ending amount of "bad" going on in life...in my life in particular.  Then, in the blink of an eye things all started to change!  It's funny how life works.  If I had to guess why life was on the upwards, I would say it has a lot to do with finding the silver lining.  About a month ago I realized I had no choice but to find the silver lining in life, in every moment...the good and the bad.  Doing so has helped me appreciate the small victories in my life..which last week included getting Starbucks on a busy day.  It's helped the circumstances and it's felt good to rebuild and reboot myself after all this time.  Find the silver lining guys...it's how everything eventually falls into place.

ANYWAY.

I'm writing you all from my new desk, which is particularly exciting because it's my own.  At my last internship I sat at a conference table often having to move around the normal hustle and bustle of the office.  Nope, not this time!  I have my own desk, phone and Mac...I'm also doing what I love.  I'm pretty sure today is the best Monday I have had in a very long time. 

In other news, last week also kicked ass.  I landed an awesome freelance opportunity, took a babysitting job, had an amazing dinner with two of my very best girlfriends, went to Hoboken with a girlfriend from home and then hid the rest of the weekend, slept and watched Harry Potter.  That's only to name a few.  BAM.  I win.   Small victories and silver linings included, last week was fantastic. 


I was sitting reading the October issue of Real Simple last night because I am all about fall these days and I came across a quote I thought I'd share:

"With great power...comes great need to take a nap"
Preach.

Also, from Pinterest:

"A well read woman is a dangerous creature"
Preach.

--
Think about those.

Sorry for rambling, but thanks for listening <3

No comments:

Post a Comment