Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Well it's Tuesday...and SEPTEMBER!

I'm so excited it's September I can't even begin to describe it to you...but it's also Tuesday, which for most of us feels like Monday so today also sucks.

Anyway.  Typically on Tuesday's I will post another part of The Anxiety Diaries but since I really thought today was Monday we will just have to be behind a day this week.  Bare with me...it's been a loooongggg weekend.

To catch you all up, my uncle got married this weekend!  He and I are only four years apart (I am the oldest granddaughter in the family) and so this weekend was particularly amazing because I've grown really close to his wife these past couple of years.  She's such a fantastic person and I am in total awe of their relationship.  Watching her walk down the aisle and seeing how happy she was (the minute she saw him she started waving really big and I think we all basically melted and died) was so heartwarming.  I'm SO happy for them.

Here's a recap:

On Thursday evening I drove home to my parents house, which was a nice, brief visit until they informed me I needed an oil change before I drove to Buffalo (5 hours away.)  So on Friday I woke up as early as I could to go wait on the damn oil change line and then got in my car and drove alone to Buffalo for the first time...go me.  I guess it's kinda weird to say I am proud of myself for making the drive, but I am really proud of myself.  I also pumped my own gas for the first time and who knew that could be so empowering?!

I stayed with one of my aunts and uncle's this time around as opposed to my grandparents and this was obviously exciting because I had a weekend of sleepovers with my 4 and 7 year old cousins.  I have a lot of younger cousins and it's hard living far away from them.  I got to read the girls some books before bed on Friday night and it's moments like those where I just want to pack my bags and move to Buffalo (I am really considering this.)  It's just hard to feel like you miss all of those moments with all of them when you are so far away.  We read and talked about their days and laughed about things that wouldn't be funny to an adult but were in that moment because it made them happy.  It was a fantastic night.

Saturday started the madness as it was the rehearsal dinner and what not.  They ended up renting a boat to take everyone out for dinner and it was just beautiful! It was an absolutely great way to celebrate.

Sunday was, of course, the wedding.  I did my hair based on one of the hair tutorials posted on The Small Things Blog and it came out fan-freaking-tastic.  Her tutorials are so easy and great!  I wish I had pictures of my hair but with the craziness of the day I really didn't get to take pictures of myself.  Hopefully I will get to show you all more once their wedding photos are up.  They had a really short but so so so sweet ceremony which worked out perfectly because it had started to rain during cocktail hour but that passed and the reception itself turned out fantastic.  After the wedding (which was a blast because it's my family and we throw great parties) the whole bridal party, my grandparents, aunts...family....etc went to a bar in downtown Buffalo...no I'm not kidding.  There was an after party after THE party in which my whole family pretty much attended.  I'm newly 21 so I think in a way this was one of my favorite parts.  Buffalo has such a great downtown area and it was such a good time.  Needless to say, it's still blowing my mind that I was in downtown Buffalo in the wee hours of the morning and somehow rolled out of bed and made my way back to New Jersey....Also, bruises?  Where did you come from?!

Pictures!!!


The best little helper around!


Largest wedding party...ever!


The Bride!







Also, a few favorite photos from before school started to finish off this recap!







No comments:

Post a Comment