Monday, January 21, 2013

Do bloggers really need to pick a theme?

Everything I read about blogging in preparation for this journey tells me to stick to a specific theme with my writing.  If you like to cook, write about that.  If you are a mom, chronicle your families journey through life.  If you design, detail your ideas for readers.  What I am finding an issue for me is that I have a lot of interests...a lot of blog themes, if you will.  I love to cook and do often.  I can't wait to marry my boyfriend and eventually start our family.  I working for a fashion and beauty public relations firm so I am sure I will have my fair share of input on that topic as well.  I keep trying to find one word to describe this blog and everything I hope for it to be down the road, but I just can't do it.  What I can determine now is that this blog will be a meeting place of ideas.  For me and for you, my readers. Oh I so hope someone's reading.  

The thing is that for years I have admired other peoples writing, humor and zest for life.  I often found myself thinking that I could do the same thing.  When I tried the first time I found that my voice wasn't there, perhaps I wasn't investing the time in my blog that it deserved.  But I'm older now, a lot wiser, and perhaps in need of a therapeutic escape on the weekdays and weekends that allows me to talk openly about what life throws my way.  I think this will be fun and I hope that someone stays around long enough to enjoy it with me.

Happy Monday!  Hopefully most of you are off for the holiday!  Any thoughts on blogging and what has helped you?  I'd love the input :)

No comments:

Post a Comment