Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday recap!

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's cold in New Jersey and I am dreading the fact that I have class tomorrow...but that is besides the point.

It has been a really long week here and probably an even longer weekend.  Between staring my internship in the city with an hour and a half commute to rushing back for night classes and business dinners, I hardly had time to slow down.  This weekend I haven't slept past 6:30 a.m. once...not even ONCE.  Needless to say I am utterly exhausted and have to repeat it this week.  Yikes.  

I'm so tired I don't even think I grasped a single thing from church this morning which is horrible of me.  I was just so focused on the million other little things going on.  It's funny because usually I have these weeks every once in a while but for some reason I don't see things slowing down in the near future.  February is a terribly busy month with wonderful things planned but man, it's times like these when I still wish I had caffeine!

On a totally weird side note tangent, I found out today that my married ex-boyfriend, whom I dated all through high school, is having a baby.  It was weird when he got married. I mean granted I wanted to get married like yesterday, but still, besides the point.  I think what makes this all the weirder is that my best friend growing up already has a little girl.  Holy moly....like what?  I in no way mean to judge and I wish them both the best but I suppose I view things differently.  I want to have a huge family, I just want to wait.  I want to spend years with Tim travelling and building a life we are both proud of and feel secure having.  Regardless, this morning I stopped and thought about all of it and couldn't help but feel that awful pang in my chest reminding me that it's not high school anymore.  That graduation is soon, that I have responsibilities, that I am an adult.  None of us are kids anymore and we certainly aren't all hanging out at the beach together talking about when our days would be like this...no they are surely here.

No comments:

Post a Comment