Wednesday, January 23, 2013

5 spring trends I am excited for

It's freezing in New Jersey today as it is pretty much anywhere.  Just to give some perspective to those of you who might be reading from somewhere warm and sunny, last night I was walking my usual 6 blocks back toward Penn Station from work.  I stopped 4 blocks from the train to pick myself up a grande latte.  The 4 block walk is only about 5 minutes and in those five minute it took to walk to Penn Station...I drank my coffee...the whole freaking coffee!

Regardless, in light of this cold weather I figured I would look forward to spring and talk about the trends I am most looking forward to!

1. Colorful blazers
Left: Old Navy, $34.94.  Right: Old Navy, $39.94

How cute are these for spring?!  You could dress them up for work or dress them down for a weekend.  Blazers are very in for the spring, especially in bright colors.  I can't wait to buy a couple of these for myself.

2. Statement jewelry
Left to right: JCrew, $165, $128, $138, $150

Alright, I know these are a bit expensive but my God they are to DIE FOR.  I especially love the first two and have been secretly saving up for at least one of them but I am so torn.  Statement jewelry has been in for some time but I think we are going to see a lot of it this spring.  You can absolutely find cheaper pieces but I saw this babies in the store window over the weekend and haven't been able to stop thinking about them since.

3.  Black and white

No picture needed for this one: yup.  The staple in all of our closets, the things we wear on rainy days or days we are feeling crappy is now considered on trend.  Black and white was all over the runway's for spring and I am very curious to see if there will be an influx in people wearing it or if the people that always wear black and white will just suddenly become trendy...what a funny thought!

4.  Flats and low heels

$228, Kate Spade

Flats are going to be HUGE for spring this year.  In fact, Kate Spade has been highlighting flats all week on their website to talk up this trend.  I am excited about this one because I have always love flats.  I am a sucker for being comfortable yet fashionable so I am looking forward to this.  Also, how freaking cute are those shoes?  

5.  Sneaker heels

Forever 21, $37.80

Guys, I hate to say I like these...but I really like these.  This trend started to catch on last fall and I think it is going to be one that sticks.  I think you will see cute floral prints like these or other loud colors on this statement shoe for spring.  Yikes, I can't believe these finally won me over...

No comments:

Post a Comment