Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My life lately

Well I'm home and it feels bittersweet.  I am a mix of emotions with an overwhelming sense of exhaustion. Work this past two and a half weeks has been phenomenal and while I really miss my friends, It's nice to have a home cooked meal ;)

This year I moved back to school for work incredibly nervous.  My friends had graduated and aside from Tim and a select few others, I felt like I had no one.  Gosh, I was wrong.  In general, it helped me open up and foster new relationships, all the while learning so much about myself.  It was my favorite year doing this job by far.

The job itself is a weird environment, almost like camp.  We all move in to a dorm and spend 24/7 together and for a relationship that can be tough.  Not because spending 24/7 together is hard, it is because we can't. In front of our bosses we keep it professional and outside of the job we pay careful attention to creating new friendships.  Despite, what can be a difficult environment, Tim and I had a great time and I think the highlight of my time with him this past two and half weeks was this past Sunday.  We went to church in the morning and then went out for brunch.  There's nothing I love more than going to church with Tim and a close second would be just sitting and talking to him.  I got a two in one deal that day and I couldn't help but feel on top of the world.  Having him in my life is the most phenomenal thing and watching him work and interact with others make me so proud of him.  I love him more than life itself.

Overall, work this year taught me to expect change, to open my heart, and above all else to love myself.  A couple of weeks ago I talked about some things I wanted to accomplish this summer and making myself a better person was one of them.  I think these past few days I have really started to hit the nail on the head...although I would really still love to work on my anxiety but that will be an ongoing project.

Here are a few pictures!

Some of the PA's at beach day!
Ronnie and I!  I'm wearing a name tag here that took me 4 days to realize it was spelled wrong...
The only beautiful night we got when we went to camp...it poured the next two...
Just the greatest roommate :)


Date night with these three boys!  Clearly I am the fourth wheel...






Two of the girls at work surprised me and bought my Saint's medal...so overwhelmed and blessed to have them.

I just can't handle this photo....
 Seniors <3



No comments:

Post a Comment