Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I'm watching

I'm about the head back to work so for the past month that I have had off to do next to nothing I have picked up a few favorite t.v. shows.  I think by now you all know that I have a deep love of food and so I typically gravitate towards cooking related shows.  If you are looking for something great to watch on t.v I highllyyyy suggest these!

1.  The Chew
It's no secret that Tim and I love this show.  We've been twice and while I totally love it for all the awesome food and stuff I really love it because I love the people on the show.  To break it down, Michael Symon and Mario Batali are my favorite Iron Chef's, Daphne Oz is phenomenal (go buy her book Relish), Carla Hall was me and my mom's favorite Top Chef and I have been watching Clinton Kelly on What Not to Wear since I was a kid.  It airs at 1 p.m. on ABC.

2.  Master Chef
Gordon Ramsey scares the crap out of me but I also love him at the same time.  Master Chef is a cooking competition for untrained chef's which I think is so fascinating to watch because they all have such a natural talent (well some of them, not all).  I would love to go on this show at some point so he could scream in my face but Tim tells me that I'd cry a lot...which is true.   

3.  The Great American Baking Competition
This show is brand new but I still think it's great.  After the first episode the woman who cooks with bacon is for sure my favorite because she's basically precious.  These bakers are also untrained which is totally after my own heart since I've never had training.  Essentially they give them different challenges to see how well they do on more crafty recipe's without much prior knowledge.

4.  Hell's Kitchen
So this is Gordon Ramsey's other cooking show that is on right now and these people are trained but also always seem a little bit like idiots.  I love it nonetheless because I really like Gordon Ramsey, especially when he's yelling.
5.  Eat St.
If I'm obsessed with any show in particular it's this one.  It's about the food truck frenzy that is taking over our nation and I just loooveeee to see some of the creative trucks out here.  Makes me want to hit up the city and go eat at my favorite trucks!  Never underestimate a food truck guys...the secrets they hold...oh man.

6.  Unique Sweets
Last but not least this show is all about desert but unique ones at that!  I love to watch it because it gives me such great ideas.  I think sometimes people are afraid to be bold with their cooking or are afraid to try new things because they could fail.  Sometimes it's fun to just cook what you feel would taste amazing.  Cook from the heart like these restaurateurs do!

Holy crap they are all about food.  Thought for sure I'd have one in there about singing or something!

What are you watching these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment