Friday, December 20, 2013

Welcoming 2014 and creating those dreaded resolutions

2014 is going to be a big year, I can feel it.  We have approximately 11 days until we ring in the new year and to be honest, I can't wait.  2013 was by no means a bad year, but it was a weird one.  There was a lot of change and a lot of growth and I am certainly grateful for the lessons that life inevitably taught me this year.  With that said, I am more than ready for what 2014 is going to bring.  I think as each year undoubtedly comes we are provided with a unique opportunity to hit the refresh button, to set goals and to put life in perspective.  It's important to stop and ask yourself, what do you want from 2014?  I've always found making a New Year's resolution to be frivolous. We are so often setting ourselves up to fail with a resolution that may or may not be obtainable.  Rather than make one resolution, I typically set goals and create a list of things I'd like to do in 2014.  Since my Photoshop has decided not to work tonight, I will just go ahead and type them out :)

In 2014 I'd like too:
  • Lose 50 pounds
  • Get a job (terrifying that I have to write this down!!)
  • 4.0 in the spring semester (I've never had a 4.0, I always end up with a damn B+ in something that brings me down to a 3.8)
  • Plan at least one weekend trip.  I asked Santa for this amazing travel book for Christmas.  Hoping to get it and plan a fantastic trip for my girlfriends this semester.  
  • Blog at least once a week
  • Take a dance class
Feel free to join in on the fun with this adorable print I found on Pinterest.  This adorable little print comes from the blog Run Lucas Run and was created by Lindsay.  The site is adorable and I highly recommend you all check her out!

I've also filled this out and have, as always, sent it out to my girlfriends to do the same!

Comment below and let me know what you are planning to achieve in 2014! Or Tweet them to me at @ashnduvall :)

Happy planning my loves!

2 comments:

  1. The original printable can be found on my blog here: http://runlucasrun.blogspot.com/2012/12/resolution.html
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay for making me aware! This was quite popular on Pinterest, had no idea its origin!

      Delete