Monday, March 18, 2013

The easiest buffalo chicken dip you'll ever make


When Tim and I started dating I remember asking him what his favorite foods were, just so I'd know and I'll never forget what he said.  Tim's favorite foods are buffalo chicken wings and cinnamon buns.  I thought it was the funniest thing but I never forgot it.  Over the last year I have made him countless dishes but he and I had always talked about finding the perfect buffalo chicken dip to make as a snack. We like to cook together but we also like when it's easy to do so we looked and looked and finally found something worth making!  We got the base of the recipe from my Aunt Rachel and have since just modified it for ourselves since we have made it a million times!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz of low fat cream cheese, soft
  • 1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing (I use low fat or fat free as well)
  • 2 cans of canned chicken, drained
  • 2 oz of cheese (any kind, I use mozzarella, part skim)
  • 1/2-1 cup of hot sauce (start with a half and do this to taste)
You can always play around with how much of each ingredient you put into the dish.  Every dip we make tastes different.

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a medium sized dish that can be heated in the oven, add the cream cheese and stir until smooth
  • Mix in dressing, hot sauce and cheese
  • Mix in the canned chicken
  • Top with extra cheese
  • Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling

No comments:

Post a Comment