Friday, May 24, 2013

Kicking off summer!

Yesterday I had to run down to school for the day and asked if Maggie wanted to come with me.  It ended up being a perfect way to kick off summer with good food and my best friend.  

 For all the years we've been best friends we have like one picture...so we decided to take some.
 Cuban Pete's in Montclair serves the besttttt non-alcoholic sangria's...so yum.
 Maggie is an awesome photographer and she is always snapping great pics...I feel like this totally sums up our night!
 Maggie took this and although I totally look chubby...I guess it's cute
 God do I love Cuban food.  I was super excited to show Maggie Cuban Pete's and we ate my favorite disk "Ropa Vieja."  It's pretty traditional Cuban food and it's served with the best freaking plantains I've ever eaten.  We also ordered these crazy good empanadas with cheese and spinach which are just to die for.  Go here everyone, please for the sake of your stomach
 Totally feels like you are walking into an island oasis!
 After dinner we walked it off a bit and headed to get amazing cupcakes at "Cupcakes by Carousel." I had the cutest blue velvet cupcake ever and can we talk about what Maggie had? Look below.
 Cookie dough cupcake...yep...blew my mind
 Can't you tell Maggie took this?  How cute.
 I took Maggie to this park for an amazing view of Essex County.  On a good day you can see all of New York City...to dieeee for!
And a good Instagram photo to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment