Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Buyers remorse


Have you ever bought something for yourself and then totally felt guilty about it for, like, ever?  I have been in shoppers grief for pretty much the last week and a half and I totally can't shake it!  I am not one to buy things for myself on a daily basis since I like to think that I am a pretty practical saver.  Every once in a while I indulge and when I do it's because I really, really, REALLY want what I'm buying and I have the money saved.  This time around, not so much.  I started obsessing over this J.Crew necklace online and it was out of stock and I kept saying "well you deserve it!" and "you just found it on Ebay for only $60!" and "you never buy yourself anything, so shut up and buy it already."  So I did, I bid on it and won it for like $60 and I immediately felt guilty about it.  When I told Tim I had won it he kinda looked at me like "really babe? You just spent how much on a necklace?"  I think that most of the time my purchases are a little more practical, but even so!  Tim is the king on indulgence when he can afford it and so I thought he'd be behind me 100%! I guess I was wrong.  Thennnnn I got home and was like "mom!  I bought a gorgeous necklace for only $60 which is a bargain!" She judged me, like pretty bad guys and so since this incident I have felt guilty about the very pretty necklace hanging on my hook in my room.  I kinda want to just return it (but have taken the tags off.)  To make matters worse, I tried to wear it the other day and it kinda drove me nuts.  Granted Tim was over and I was in a cuddly mood as usual and it was just getting in the way, but still, I hated the purchase even more.

I want to love this thing, I really do.  Does anyone else feel this way after they indulge in themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment