Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why I blog

About two years ago I stumbled upon the blog Tulips and Flight Suits, written by Mary (who is just lovely by the way) and I was hooked.  I loved the idea of having something personal to update and having a space on the internet that felt private, like a tiny community.  From there I found more and more blogs that I loved to read and soon enough I had a daily reading list.  When I made the decision to start Hair Bows and Smiles it was one that was not easily made.  A lot of hard work goes into writing a blog like this as well as a lot of decision making from how transparent you want to be to the content of the blog.  Regardless, Hair Bows and Smile was underway and I began seeking opportunities to grow the blog every day.  I thought about the reasons that I fell in love with the idea of blogs in the first place and it went back to that idea of community.  It was then that I began reaching out to the women on the blogosphere that I admired most.  At first, I thought I wouldn't get a single response, but I did, the emails were (mostly) returned and I remembered why I loved blogging in the first place....that sense of community.  Even though all of us are at different stages of life our blogs bring us together.  We are connected by what we do and with that our community is formed.

This week on Hair Bows and Smiles I am so excited to feature a guest post by Claire from Eat Well. Party Hard.  Claire and I are old college friends and while I am still completing my undergrad, Claire is off doing amazing things.  I've loved reading her blog and was so excited to welcome her onto Hair Bows and Smiles. Since we are trying to be health conscious on our end, I've asked Claire to develop a healthier recipe to put up on my little section of the Internet.  I'm so excited!  It's amazing to include Claire in the blogging community that I hold so close to my heart and I hope you all will welcome her with open arms!  Make sure to come back daily, but especially Thursday to give a big, exciting welcome to Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment