Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Summer goals for 2013


Lately I've been talking a lot without really doing a lot.  It fees like my "to do list" in my head is about 10 pages long and I already feel defeated! To avoid further feelings of defeat, I have decided to refer to this daunting "to do list" as my goals for the summer because then we can all throw a party when I accomplish one :)

Anyways, I figured it was time to write it all down so that I can be held accountable for these so-called goals of mine!  Hereeee goes nothing!

1.  Lose 40 pounds by the start of my senior year of college.  Guys, the big year is coming up and I sorta just wanna look fabulous for it.  Most importantly, I wan't to feel good during it.  There's nothing worse than looking back on pictures and thinking "wow, I really don't like how I look here."  You'll never want to look at those pictures and that's a shame.

2.  Room re-do!  I gave my room at home a major overhaul the summer before I left for college and although it seems silly, there isn't much in that room that represents my current style.  A lot changes in 3ish year and I figured now is a great time for a mini-haul.  The plan thus far is to paint a chalkboard wall, build a bookshelf out of crates, give my desk area a total makeover including a new paint job and spruce things up as we go.  I want this to be done cheaply, because I am after all a broke college kid.

3.  Speaking of that room of mine...I need to clean bad.  Never in my life have I felt the need to just throw everything (well mostly everything) away and start over.  There's so much in my room that I don't need anymore and the clutter is becoming unbearable.  Ideally I'd like to donate basically everything and anything I can.  Stay tuned because I imagine this is going to be a hot mess.

4.  Enhance this blogging experience.  As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I have a lot of goals for this here blog.  I just haven't done them yet and Tim keeps lovingly reminding me of that.  I'd like to take this summer and really make this something.

5.  Find an internship for the fall that I will enjoy.  I want to really fall in love with my major again and that means I refuse to settle in the fall.  I want to find something that makes me happy even if it means being picky.

6.  I'd like to work on myself a bit.  I feel like everyone says this, but it's true.  I'd like to take some time to explore myself and figure out how to make myself a better woman.  Being in a relationship has shown me a lot of what I like and don't like about myself and I really want to improve the things that need improving!

7.  I would like to cut down my use of social media.  Lately I have been so aware of how the stupid iPhone (I love you iPhone, don't be mad) interjects into our daily lives.  Sometimes I ban them for the day when Tim and I are together because there is nothing I hate worse than sitting somewhere with him and both of us are constantly checking Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and trying to beat 1,000 levels of Candy Crush Saga.  Give it a rest!  The plan is once I leave school for summer (because how the hell am I going to get through finals without distractions?!) I am going to delete the apps from my iPhone and only check in when I am near a computer or my iPad (which is like never).

That's all I can think of for now, but I feel like this is going to be updated quite frequently!

What are you guys planning to accomplish this summer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment