Sunday, May 5, 2013

New Hampshire, I love you

This weekend Tim and I headed to New Hampshire with some friends for a magnificent, relaxing vacation at  our friends beautiful log cabin.  Unfortunately, it's back to reality for all of us college kids tomorrow as we are literally beginning finals week, but it's fine...we all did so much studying this weekend ;)

I'm kidding.  This weekend I did not a single lick of school work and let me tell you it felt great.  I can't tell you the last time I was this sun burnt or this relaxed.  Aside from sightseeing and eating our hearts out from Connecticut to Vermont to New Hampshire, we napped.  Sometimes you forget how good it feels to get away for a while.

I took some pictures, mostly of scenery (actually only of scenery, I don't have a single group shot! ugh!)  If any of you ever feel like getting away to a place you will be able to totally relax, head to New Hampshire.

 This was the sunset on our first night there...it was enough to make me want to stay forever.
 Our friend has three adorable dogs and a cat named Jake...he was fun to hang out with.

 This isn't like a courtesy wave either guys, it's a full on, smile included, wave
 Welcome to the longest candy counter folks, Littleton, NH.  

 So many fudge options...all ridiculously good.


 It makes me sad because these pictures don't do it justice!
 Jake
 Homemade vanilla and caramel swirl ice cream.  Excuse my nails...the last thing on my mind was painting them!
New Hampshire does this thing where when you ask for hot chocolate with whipped cream you get sprinkles on top.  Can I just tell you how obsessed I am with this concept?!


Overall, it was a great little vacation and I could have stayed forever.  I was only a little sad that I didn't get to see a moose.  Okay, maybe a lot sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment