Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The night diner food changed my life


Diner food is just different than food at another restaurant.  When you go to a diner it is because you expect and want diner food.  This is exactly what I was thinking when my girlfriends claimed they were taking me to the best diner in the entire state of New Jersey last night.

Although it wasn't in the best of areas, Tops Diner in Newark N.J. was immediately a friendly and fun environment.  I couldn't get over how cute of a place it was and how huge it was inside!  Anyway, I was totally not expecting anything more than the typical, greasy, delicious diner food that I get at my usual place in Somerville.  Boy was I wrong!

When the waitress sat us and put the menus down I was blown away!  So many options, so much more than you would generally get and they were all creative and fantastic sounding. I had no idea what to get and eventually settled on a chocolate milkshake (my friends all raved about them) and red velvet pancakes.  Yes I ate like crap last night, sorry diet.  

First of all, the milkshake was delicious and the red velvet pancakes were sinful.  The food was nothing like typical diner food and I think my mind was blown.  Seriously, Tops Diner will forever set the bar way too high for any other diners I eat at...sorry in advance.  

The true test will be to take Tim and see if he loves it.  

In other news, I am now a yogurt snob?!  I bought yogurt that was on super sale over the weekend and it isn't as expensive as the yogurt I usually buy, but hey I wanted a good deal.  Well....I totally hate it.  Which is stupid, but I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment