Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I'm reading

Or rather, what I read...

As you all know, Hair Bows and Smiles is brand new to the blog scene.  After avidly reading sites like Love Taza and Tulips and Flight suits I felt inspired to create my own.  The idea was simple, I wanted to write about life and all things Ashley.  So far the experience has been great but I don't want the growth of the blog to simply plateau.  I want to continue to strengthen what I am writing and doing on this blog so that you, my readers, will keep coming back and continuing to tell your friends about the site!

So that brings me to the book I just finished, Blog, Inc.  Perhaps some of you know the author, Joy Cho, who is over at Oh, Joy!.  Regardless if you do or don't, the book was phenomenal!

I was nervous that the book would only discuss ways to start a blog and thus not include all the important information about the aftermath of creating a blog, but I was wrong!  Joy chronicles every aspect of blogging, from gaining followers to adding advertisements.  I am so glad I picked this book up because I already know it will serve as my little encyclopedia for the rest of my blogging career.

If any of you visiting are bloggers yourself, I seriously suggest getting this book as fast as you can.  It was excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment