Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some fun DIY projects for any space

A dear friend of mine's boyfriend just got an amazing new apartment and so she asked that I write a post related to home decor and DIY.  While I don't have my own place just yet, I think if I close my eyes tight enough I can really dream up a perfect room.  I think for me, a space needs to feel like a home even if it's just a tiny bedroom or perhaps your dorm room.  If you can bring life and love into a space, that space will bring you happiness.  So, I sat down this morning and began reading some of my favorite design blogs as well as went through my Pinterest to see what I could find for them and I picked out some of my favorite's that I think they will love!

This cutie comes from The Painted Hive.  It's such an adorable blog and oh my goodness do I just love the idea of printing your own decals for a kitchen or even the bathroom!  Check it out!
 I loooovvveee this idea.  It's such a clean way to showcase books and for my friends, this is perfect for their future space!  Check out diycollegeideas.blogspot.com for ideas like this one!
 Ignore the lounging model because these letter print outs are to die for.  I am obbssssesssseddd with these guys.  What a perfect way to add personal art to a space and these really can go in any room!  These originally came from Black List Studio Prints, but are super simple to do yourself.
 These decals are great.  I just love them.  I think this would cater more towards my girlfriend...but I think her boyfriend could live with this :)  You can Google things like this to find a ton of different options!
 On the subject of decals....check this baby out!  I really enjoy the idea of having a grown up decal.  I feel like I see them a lot in college dorm rooms and hate them.  They are lame quotes and I just can't stand them.  This however...is perfect.  From simpleluxuriouslife.tumblr.com
This is a perfect find for my friends!  They love to hang on to their ticket stubs and this could be a great way to showcase them!  Just take a ticket stub or whatever and have it blow up.  After that, print it on fabric transfer material and turn it into a pillow!

Two of my favorite blogs that feature DIY home design are 6th Street Design School and Creature Comforts.  I often reference their blogs for DIY ideas and if you are looking for something fun to do around your own space, I suggest you check them out!

Also, Ikea anyone?  Such a great place for fun, cheap, items for any space in your home!

No part of this post was a sponsorship, just a favor to a friend and personal opinion!



No comments:

Post a Comment