Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Some random thoughts this Wednesday

First, let me start this by saying that Blogger and I have a bone to pick.  I just finished writing a great blog post for you guys about something I signed up for and poof...computer error...gone...I tried getting it back, but it's nowhere to be found and I've got to say, I'm pretty bothered by it.

Rather than trying to pick my brain to rewrite that exact post right this minute, I figured I'd move on to something else!! Bare with me...things are about to get random...

  • Today, I had to go to the bank and mail three things so I of course bought three stamps.  Two of the pieces of mail already had stamps on them and that sorta annoyed me but now I have extra stamps.  This is one of those weird "you lose, but you also kinda win" moments.
  • While running those errands of mine I happened to notice that the local Hallmark store was going out of business.  What?! SAD.  I have no idea why this is bothering me so much, but it is guys.  I live in a pretty small town and am pretty far away from the mall or any other really big shopping complexes.  My mom and I have been going to this Hallmark store since I was a very little girl since it was right next to the local grocery store.  It kind of took me by surprise to see something that I'm so used to being there...well, leaving I guess.  I went in and the women were all talking about how sad they were and that they guess it was time to retire and I left feeling pretty sad about the whole thing.
  • This morning I came home from Tim's to a big box on my bed from my girlfriend Maura.  We lived together at the beginning of the summer and I always used to laugh at her Pillow Pet's.  Well, thanks to Maura, I now have a big pink Pillow Pet of my own and I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I tore this box open.  It maaaaddddeee my day!  Along with the Pillow Pet was a handwritten letter and a Winnie the Pooh (my favorite, ever) birthday card.  I was blown away.  It was just so kind and I really feel lucky and blessed to have a friend like her.
  • Where the heck did July go?! I've never had my birthday sneak up on me like this...I have to go back to school in less than a month and that makes me feel bleh.
  • My dad is so handy and just made thisfor my desk and I'm just obsessed...

That's it for now!  Thanks for hanging in there while I got that off my mine.  See you tomorrow morning :)



No comments:

Post a Comment